Balls are lots of fun and also help in the development of hand-eye coordination, gross motor skills and spatial awareness.
To develop new skills, babies need to be given the opportunity to practice through play.
- Use a range of different types and sizes of balls.
- Introduce balls into other creative and play activities.
- You can use large beach balls or gym balls to gently rock and bounce your baby.
- Roll large balls for your baby to grab.
- Play a game of bowling – cardboard rolls and plastic bottles make great bowling pins.