Advice & Suitability
If there is some important bit of safety advice, this could go here and/or general text about who it is suitable for etc etc. If it isn’t needed, just delete it.
- Tablet (iPad/Android)
- Stop Motion App – see below
- Background – paper/material
- Lights (optional)
Download a free stop motion app – Set up a backdrop. This could be a wall or piece of foam core – Gather toys to include in your animation – Set up your touch pad or smart phone on a stand or tripod, across from the foam core
Method (or Ideas)
- Start the Stop Motion Animation App and make your movie!
- To make it work, you place an object in front of a camera and snap a photo. You then move the object a tiny bit and snap another photo.
- Repeat this process twenty to ten thousand times, play back the sequence in rapid progression, and the object appears to move fluidly across the screen.
Facilitation Tips – What To Say
- Positional language – near, far, left, right
Extend the Experience
Play stop motion with kids – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J3pzivXGMfI
How to make stop motion – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_ppedXZHhE0
WHO Guidelines for Physical Activity & Sedentary Behaviour
Children could act out what they’re hoping to create, which encourages physical activity.
Early Years Learning Framework
- Children develop a range of skills and processes such as problem solving, inquiry, experimentation, hypothesising, researching and investigating
- Children transfer and adapt what they have learned from one context to another
- Children resource their own learning through connecting with people, place, technologies and natural and processed materials
Principle 3: High expectations and equity. Children progress well when they, their parents and educators hold high expectations for their achievement in learning.
Practice: Learning through play. Play can expand children’s thinking and enhance their desire to know and to learn. In these ways play can promote positive dispositions towards learning. Children’s immersion in their play illustrates how play enables them to simply enjoy being.