What should you ask on a childcare centre tour?
It isn’t always an easy decision to
use childcare - it’s an emotional time for you and your child.
It isn’t always an easy decision to use childcare - it’s an emotional time for you and your child.
Goodstart understand what’s important when you’re looking for childcare: a nurturing, stimulating, safe environment, with caring, qualified early learning professionals.
A quality early learning centre and nurturing environment is the perfect combination for your child to develop their full potential. It will also help prepare them for school.
Here are some considerations to observe or ask about when you’re on your centre tour:
• Does the centre have a happy and energetic vibe?
• Are the staff passionate, qualified and experienced?
• Does the centre have a plan to ensure families receive regular communication about their child’s development?
• Does the educational program cater to the needs of children at different stages of development?
• What are the steps or processes taken to ensure children’s safety and wellbeing?
• How is the environment designed to stimulate learning?
• How does the centre work with families to understand needs, routines or cultural practices?
• Do staff receive regular training and professional development opportunities?
Quality is about much more than how a centre looks, and asking these questions will help you to dig a little deeper and beyond your first impressions.
For the sake of your child’s development and your own peace of mind, it’s worth a little extra effort prior to enrolling.
Learn more about Goodstart’s approach to early learning, and find a centre near you.