“What’s the Time Mr Wolf?” is a great game to play outdoor, but if it is raining it can also be played in a spacious indoor area.
As a pre-activity children can make some wolf ears or a wolf tail for the Wolf to wear.
- One person is designated to be the Wolf (this can be done in any way you like)
- The Wolf stands about 4 meters in front of everyone else with their back turned to the group
- Group calls out “What’s the time Mr Wolf?”
- The Wolf calls out a time (e.g.4 o’clock)
- Everyone then walks forward that number of steps while counting out loud
- Group calls out again “What’s the time Mr Wolf?”
- The Wolf responds with a different time
- The game continues as above until the group is close to the Wolf and he responds to “What’s the time Mr Wolf?” with “Dinner Time!”
- Group then turns and runs with the Wolf chasing them trying to catch someone
- The person caught is the next Wolf