It’s never too early to introduce your baby to reading and storytelling. It can improve your baby’s cognitive functions and emotional development, and their language development in particular.
- Set up a comfortable space for reading time by using cushions and blankets.
- Start with simple and short story books with limited text and lots of pictures.
- Be sure to make reading an enjoyable experience for all involved.
- You can also act out the stories using props and dress-ups or tell stories using hand puppets or soft toys.
- You can make up your own stories using your family members.
- Music or musical instruments can create great sound effects to stories.
- If you draw well, you can also draw the story – you can do one or two drawings over a period of few weeks and if your baby is six months or older you can let them contribute to the drawing.