“Queenie” is an old, but timeless game, which children genuinely enjoy playing. When there is a large group of children it can get quite noisy and chaotic. Exercise their focus skills with this activity.
- Choose someone to be Queenie
- Queenie stands with his/her back to the rest of the group, who are about 3 meters away
- Queenie throws a ball over his/her shoulder, towards the group
- (A soft foam ball or home made ball is the best, it should not be too big)
- Whoever catches it, or picks it up from the ground, hides it behind their back
- All the other children pretend to hide the ball as well
- When they are ready they call out “Queenie, Queenie who’s got the ball”?
- Queenie then turns around and tries to guess who is hiding the ball
- If they guess correctly, the child holding the ball becomes Queenie
- If they guess wrongly, the game starts over again