Dancing is a great way to help improve a baby's physical coordination and body awareness while having some fun.
- Rock your baby in your arms to soft, slow tempo songs
- Gently bounce your baby on your lap to faster and more energetic songs
- Your baby might enjoy the feeling of being held in your arms while you dance.
Note: Never shake your baby!
- Use scarves, ribbons or streamers for added colour and interest.
- As your baby develops, you may like to use simple musical instruments while dancing, such as bells and shakers.
Note: Don’t force your baby to participate in dance activities if they don’t want to. They benefit just as much by simply watching others.