As well as having lots of fun running around with their kites flying behind them, the children will develop their understanding of objects and their movement through space as they watch and feel their kites flying through the air. Talking to them about the kite movement, using terms such as up and down, in front, behind, high and low, and fast and slow can aid their language development.
- Large paper bag
- Collage items
- Children can decorate the bags using art materials
- Then glue streamers to the bottom of the bag
- Apply tape to each of the four corners at the top of the bag
- Punch holes through each of the four corners
- Cut three 75cm lengths of string
- Thread each of two of the strings through two holes
- Tie each string making two loops
- Pull remaining string through loops
- Tie string to make a handle
10. Let’ s go fly a kite!