Engaging With Technology During Active Outdoor Time
Sensory,Art and Craft
Take a walk with your child and engage them with technology. Encourage your kids to document their outdoor time by taking pictures, recording audio or even by creating short narratives, with sketches and verbal comments.
For this activity, you will need a portable device, such as a tablet, smartphone or iPad.
- Make sure you have installed the necessary apps that allow you to document events and observations. This way, you can simply open the app whenever you need it.
- Combine nature with technology in a wonderful outdoor experience with your children. Take a portable device with you and give it to your young ones.
- Challenge them to describe what they see, hear and feel. At the start, you should do the recordings yourself. But it won’t take long until your kids learn the process.
- Soon enough, your child will be creating a field journal with photographs, notes, audio comments and sketches of your outdoor time.
- Later, you can show the saved activity to your child. This activity can be extremely stimulating to your child’s cognition, creativity, and memory.