Yummy Veggie Cakes Recipe
Food & Nutrition
Are mealtimes a challenge to convince your toddler to eat their veggies?
Here’s a healthy and easy way to incorporate the daily dose of veggies into your toddler’s diet without them even noticing.
“Mealtime war” averted!
Try out this yummy and healthy recipe today...
- 4 potatoes, carrots or zucchinis
- Half of an onion
- 2 eggs
- 1 pinch pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
How to prepare the veggie cakes?
- Wash potatoes, grate and then pat with a paper towel to remove excess moisture.
- Grate the onion and combine with potatoes, eggs and pepper.
- Add 1 tablespoon of oil and place 1/4 cup of mixture into the pan. Press mixture flat against the pan. Repeat.
- Cook gently until golden brown on both sides (about 2 minutes on each side).
- Serve warm.
Wondering what the veggie cakes will look like? Here’s a sneak peek...
This content was prepared in partnership with Nutrition Australia, Playgroup Queensland and funded by the Federal Government Department of Health and Ageing.