Pasta painting is a great art & craft activity that exposes children to different shapes and structures, as well as textures.
You can use left over pasta for this, or organise the activity with several different pasta shapes.
- Cooked pasta (as many types as you like)
- Dye or food colouring dissolved in a little water
- Several ice cream containers
- Thick paper or cardboard
- After you cook and drain the pasta put it in the ice cream containers
- Add the dye to the pasta and stir
The pasta will stick to the paper or cardboard. Allow children to get as creative as they like. Make sure they wear old clothes so they can get messy.